Iron County Small Business Grant Opportunity
The Iron County Economic Opportunity (CEO) Board and the Cedar City Business & Innovation Center Partners administer the Small Business Grant Program. This grant provides a way for businesses in Iron County to apply for incentives that promote economic growth.
- Pre-Application Period: December 15, 2023 - January 12, 2024
- Up to $60,000 is available depending upon the number and quality of applications received.
- Pre-applications will be reviewed and narrowed down by the Business & Innovation Center Partners.
- If selected to move forward in the process, the business will be invited to fill out a full application to be reviewed by the CEO.
- As part of the grant, the business is required to provide at least a 1:1 funding match.
- Pre-application opens - Friday, December 15th, 2023
- Deadline for pre-applications - Friday, January 12th, 2024
- Notice of acceptance to submit a full application - Friday, January 19th, 2024
- Deadline to submit a full application - Friday, February 2nd, 2024
- Applicant pitch presentation - Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 (tentative)
- Notice of awards - Friday, March 1st, 2024 (tentative)
Cedar City partners with many organizations that assist with local business expansion and retention efforts. Please explore our local business resources below:
The Innovation Center actively supports and promotes business creation, growth and retention through education, resources, mentoring, and connecting people to the right resources at the right time.
Facilitating small business development and entrepreneurship education. Your free one-on-one resource to start, grow and operate your business. The SBDC provides confidential small business counseling and assistance at any stage - startup, growth and succession planning. This includes business planning, financial projections, market research and marketing, and more.
The mission of Women's Business Center of Utah (WBCUtah) is to help Utah women build confidence, create opportunities, and experience success in business ownership.
|Southwest Technical College - Community and Employee Training
Southwest Tech College offers a variety of community classes for employees and community members to learn new skills in customer service, marketing, sales, and other core business competencies.
Quality employee training is becoming more critical to today's employers.
Custom Fit will pay up to 40% for professional training that will assist your business and employees to develop and enhance their skills.
The Chamber supports local business opportunities, provides resources and training, fosters partnerships with our members, and promotes a positive image for the Cedar City business community.
The mission of DWS is to strengthen Utah's communities by supporting the economic stability and quality of our workforce. As Cedar City's workforce development engine, they provide the following: